The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte (JFGC) is a non-profit community building organization supporting a $5 million annual fundraising campaign. We impact and enrich lives here at home and around the world every day, supporting more than 60 Jewish organizations and initiatives that build community, foster Jewish identity, and nurture and care for the Jewish people. As part of a network of more than 140 Federations across North America, we are a vibrant community hub that connects resources, volunteers, leaders and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a thriving and sustainable Jewish future.
Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make the greater Charlotte’s Jewish community a welcoming home. We offer a collaborative, friendly, inspiring, and flexible work environment. The Charlotte community is rapidly growing and there is a strong desire to enhance and build upon the rich tradition of philanthropy and engagement in the Jewish community. We seek a highly motivated professional to join our team as we secure the necessary resources to sustain and grow Jewish life throughout Greater Charlotte.
Reporting to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer, the Development Associate will be a central member of the development team focusing on Women’s Philanthropy and the Community Campaign, while supporting the work of the department across a range of areas. The Development Associate will be part of a team that implements a development strategy for Federation’s annual campaign. Working collaboratively with professional and volunteer leaders, this position will be responsible for donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, relationship building, management of volunteer campaigners, prospect research, event planning, and a wide array of other tasks and opportunities.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate passion for and be able to articulate the mission and importance of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte.
- Manage Community Campaign portfolio of donors with gifts ranging between $1 and $1,000.
- Develop and implement a plan for Women’s Philanthropy that establishes quantifiable and measurable goals and related strategies for programmatic, fundraising, volunteer leadership
- engagement, and operational activities.
- Manage and coordinate event logistics for all Women’s Philanthropy activities.
- Prepare and manage budget for Women’s Philanthropy Programs.
- Identify, recruit, train and support volunteer leaders.
- Spearhead prospecting for new gift opportunities.
- Meet annual goals for soliciting assigned donors and prospects.
- Serve as staff lead for Super Sunday and Federation’s volunteer calling events.
- Responsible for Campaign operations, communication, and event management.
- Work in partnership with colleagues to build, maintain and grow current donor profiles and strengthen the culture of Jewish philanthropy for women, young adults, families and others.
- Collaborate with Development team in the creation, planning, implementation and staffing of events and/or special projects, fundraising initiatives and leadership engagement.
- Collaborate with our beneficiary agencies, attend community events, and participate in programs to enhance the visibility of Federation and maintain an up‐to‐date awareness of program priorities throughout the Jewish community.
- Utilize digital media to further the goals and heighten awareness of the Development department.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Required Work Experience
Minimum of two years of fundraising experience required.
Key Skills and Qualifications
Self‐motivated individual with the ability to work creatively and flexibly in a dynamic
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
Highly organized and detail oriented. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
Strong social media skills; familiarity with donor software and CRM’s is highly desired. Strong computer skills are necessary, specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Excellent verbal communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality including
the ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
Strong copy writing and editing skills.
Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working for Jewish organizations, deep knowledge of Judaism, Jewish culture and traditions, and a personal commitment to Jewish values.
While knowledge about the Jewish Federation is desirable, it is not a pre‐requisite for this
Other Job Related Requirements:
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- This position must be based in the greater Charlotte area.
How We Care For YOU:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte proudly offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
Salary Range $50,000 ‐ $55,000; Commensurate With Experience
Four Weeks of Paid Time Off, Days Off for Jewish Holy Days, and Early Closure for Shabbat
Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits
401k Plan with an Employer Contribution and Match
Professional Development and Skill Building Opportunities
Flexible and Hybrid Work Environment
Shalom Park Discounts for JCC Membership and Shalom Park Schools
Free and Accessible Parking
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More information about our organization is available at www.jewishcharlotte.org
Interested candidates should direct inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to
Sam Bernstein, Chief Development and Marketing Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.